Siemens Fundamentals of TIA Portal 2-Day Workshop (5/21-5/22)
Siemens Fundamentals of TIA, Streetsboro, OH
May 21, 2019 - May 22, 2019
Course Length: 2 Days
555 Frost Rd, Suite 105
Streetsboro, Ohio 44241
Overview: This two day hands-on event is designed to impart both basic and advanced development techniques within the TIA Portal environment, including PLC, HMI, and Drive aspects of the software. It is best-suited as an introduction to Siemens programming methods to those with prior non-Siemens PLC programming experience.
Starting with defaulted hardware, this workshop progresses the attendee through the configuration and build of an integrated system consisting of two PLC’s (S7-1200 and S7-1500), a Comfort Panel HMI, Remote I/O, Keypad I/O, and a SINAMICS G120 VFD networked together over PROFINET.
What will you learn?
- The TIA Portal layout, engineering software packages and how to create a project
- How to commission S7 hardware, including S7-1200 and S7-1500 PLCs with local and PROFINET remote I/O
- Details of the S7 PLC memory structure and how to create a program
- How to integrate a SINAMICS VFD (commission and control it via the PLC as a motion axis)
- How to integrate an HMI (transfer data, error reporting, system diagnostics and user messages from the PLCs)
- How to leverage the integrated project management and commissioning support tools
Cost and Takeaways: The $375 fee for this event includes a specially discounted Siemens PLC Starter Kit with software and hardware to allow the attendee to extend their learning beyond the event. Talk to your salesperson about alternative kits and costs involving PLC Safety, HMI’s, or Drives.
What to expect: No software or laptops required, training stations will be provided (two people per station). Hardware platforms include Siemens S7-1200, and S7-1500 series PLC’s, Siemens Comfort Panel HMI, and Siemens G120 Drive. Lunch is provided both days.